Brilliant Financial Staffing has been engaged on the search for a Bi-Lingual Staff Accountant to join our client in the non- profit industry on a contract to hire basis located in Chicago, IL. The Staff Accountant will report to the Director of Finance and work alongside a small team of accountants. The main responsibilities of the role will focus on reconciling various accounts, maintaining fixed assets, and performing the full month end close. The ideal Staff Accountant will be able to begin immediately and pick up on the responsibilities with limited training.
- Prepare and record journal entries where necessary and appropriate, utilizing QuickBooks accounting system
- Prepare and record attendance vouchers where necessary and appropriate, utilizing Oasys attendance system
- Participate in the annual budgeting and planning discussions with foreign offices
- Conduct monthly variance analysis for the assigned countries as requested
- Periodic review and analysis of reporting provided by overseas offices; managing cash flow needs for their operations.
- Assure proper documentation of monthly/quarterly data and analysis.
- Assist and manage information and internal audit processes, in particular ensuring the integrity and timely delivery of the financial reporting throughout the year.
- Assist foreign office staff with inquiries, procedural clarification and other needs.
- Assistance with ongoing accounting operations, in particular coding, keying, and reviewing intercompany batches/transactions.
- Month end reporting and internal audit function
- Assistance with annual audit reconciliations/reporting as required
- Assist in special projects, process improvement, and technical accounting research
- Other special requests and projects from Senior Management
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Acct or Finance degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Month-end close experience (preferably for international locations)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Able to do some lifting
- Can/is willing to possibly travel internationally