Our client has an immediate need of a deeply experienced, detail-oriented, Assistant Controller to join the team. The Assistant Controller will collaborate with the Controller and Accounting Manager to streamline and improve our month-end close process through automation and enhanced ERP System. If you enjoy a challenging yet rewarding position and desire a collaborative team environment, please apply today!
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and oversee day to day activities for general ledger accounting, accounts payable, tax, treasury & payroll with a focus on internal controls and standardizing processes.
- Management of the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring timeliness and accuracy of the financial results.
- Aid in resolution of complex technical accounting issues.
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, reconciliations or other analytics as requested.
- Partner and evaluate with various departments including (but not limited to) Enterprise Applications, HR, Legal, Revenue Accounting to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and support new business initiatives.
- Fixed asset management working closely with the operation to review any discrepancies, record new assets, full depreciation schedules, roll forward journal entries and reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Assist with streamline, automation and general improvement of month-end close processes.
- Demonstrates high acumen for interpersonal skills in a team environment.
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or related field
- CPA/MBA certification is preferred
- 3+ years management experience preferred
- 5+ years’ in an accounting/finance role
- Strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite and large ERP System experience. SAP Business One preferred.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Ability to function as a team player