Our client, a well established organization, is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to join their team. The Senior Tax Accountant would report into the Senior Tax Manager. The ideal candidate will have strong experience reviewing rand researching for federal and state returns.
- Reviews returns for consolidated, combined and individual filing states
- Calculates return to provision true-ups for Research and Development, state taxes, and other adjustments
- Prepares ASC 740 (FIN 48) calculations
- Participates in Research and Development Credit study and calculation
- Prepares the following foreign work-papers for provision: E&P, income taxes payable roll-forward, intangibles
- Researches and prepares calculations and memos for new acquisitions
- Calculates various parts of each provision, notably effective tax rate, research and development credit, minority interest
- Help prepare Federal, State, and International tax returns, extensions and quarterly estimated tax payments at the corporate level and for related subsidiaries.
- Maintain tax calendar to assure all tax returns and tax payments are filed timely.
- Perform tax research for tax audit defense and state tax law updates.
- Interact with each entity’s accounting department to gather the necessary financial information for tax returns and tax estimates compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Tax a plus
- Minimum 5+ years' tax experience required
- Experience in both public accounting and private industry is preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented; strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and interpersonal skills; solid team player