A small construction company is seeking a strong Project Analyst to join its team. The Project Analyst is responsible for providing forward-looking analysis, governance, and decision support to the Construction Project management team for key construction projects. This position reports to Finance and interacts with all key functions of the broader organization..
- Performs job cost analysis and provides business partners with insights on key performance indicator results as well as emerging trends and issues
- Ensures appropriate governance and efficient execution of invoice and change order approval, commitment tracking, and DBE/MBE/WBE tracking and compliance
- Pay application completion and related issue resolution
- Works closely with management in the development, delivery, and continual refinement of weekly and monthly analytical reports for business partners to allow for tracking of cost / revenue performance against plan and forecast; underbilling/overbilling analysis and cash flow analysis
- Facilitates weekly financial analysis sessions with assigned Project and Program managers
- Participates in education, training, and presentations across the project teams with the goal of continually developing the financial acumen across the project management team
- Participates in ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Develops and maintains business relationships with internal and external business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4+ years of related accounting and finance experience with demonstrated progression
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Large company experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of various ERP and reporting systems required
- Excellent communication skills