Accounts Payable Manager
Location - Ft. Lauderdale
Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
Salary - $65,000 - 80,000
Our professional services client in the Fort Lauderdale area is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join their team! This role will report to the Accounting Supervisor and oversee the Accounts Payable team.
- Work remote at present time
- Report to the Accounting Supervisor and manage 1 Accounts Payable Associate.
- Newly created position!
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the company’s accounts payable.
- Handle the company's purchasing efforts including vendor acquisition, contract negotiations, and vendor account management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable across multiple locations (national and regional) using check, ACH, credit card, and wire payment methods.
- Ensures all A/P documents and payments are processed, scanned, and stored in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains and enforces proper A/P policies, practices, and internal controls to ensure company assets are safeguarded.
- Oversees weekly and ad hoc check runs.
- Reviews GL distribution of A/P transactions to ensure accounting and reporting accuracy
- Participates in monthly close activities and performs month end reconciliation of A/P Aging Report to the trial balance in collaboration with other members of the Accounting Team.
- Maintains the company’s vendor database including set-up, maintenance, periodic reviews and purging terminated accounts.
- Assists in researching new vendors, identifying preferred vendors, and streamlining purchasing procedures across multiple sites.
- Provides purchasing assistance to regional managers including requests for proposals, vendor selection, contract negotiations, new vendor account setup, and on-going account management
- Communicates with vendors/contractors to resolve issues and obtain additional information where required.
- Monitors and analyzes company expense trends and makes recommendations for cost improvements and efficiencies.
- Timely processes and submits year-end 1099 reports and forms.
- Evaluates new vendors in relation to IRS 1099 tax reporting requirements; and, ensures receipt of necessary documentation to accurately set up each vendor in the accounting system.
- Continually identifies and implements business process improvements in partnership with other members of the Accounting Team.
- Hires, trains and develops A/P staff in accordance with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Conducts regular meetings with assigned employees to assess goal, objective, and task performance and identify developmental opportunities.
- Responsible for timely and accurate timesheet submission and recording of PTO taken for all assigned employees.
- Acts as a liaison with auditors and third parties for A/P related inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable experience, including 3 years in supervisory role.
- Experience in a fast paced and automated accounting operation using computer-based accounting systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in full-cycle Accounts Payable operations.
- Experience analyzing complex and detailed financial data; and, identifying and correcting accounting errors.
- Proficient with Excel and analytical tools.
- Must have large ERP AP system experience including 1099 filing experience.
- Experience in a purchasing/procurement position within multi-state organization.
- Strong oral and written communication experience.