A dynamic global organization that is an industry leader in its field is seeking a strong Senior Internal Auditor to join its team. The Senior Internal Auditor will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will be responsible for leading financial, operational, and SOX based engagements across multiple locations and business units. The organization uses internal audit as a feeder into strategic leadership roles within corporate headquarters and specific business units.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Review and evaluate the internal control environment and develop specific analyses of strengths and weaknesses, along with recommended improvements.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- 10+ years of experience in public accounting (external audit) or experience within a corporation’s internal audit function.
- CIA or CPA (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Strong analytical and technical accounting research skills
- Ability to understand and develop alternative solutions for issues and concerns.
- Strong attention to detail. Able to work with detail information, while also being able to perceive and define the larger/underlying issues and drivers.
- Ability to coordinate resources required for completion of tasks/projects.