Brilliant Financial Staffing has been engaged on a search for a Staff Accountant for our client located in Chicago, IL. Our client is a well-established manufacturing organization who specializes in providing food production. They currently are looking for a Staff Accountant to join their organization on a Temporary to Permanent basis. This Staff Accountant would be working alongside the CFO. The Staff Accountant would be responsible for performing account reconciliations, journal entries, and assisting with month end close. The ideal candidate will be able to interview and start as soon as possible.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely preparation of journal entries
- Analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts, including bank reconciliations
- Assist in month end close
- Assistance with processing unemployment taxes and monthly/quarterly filings, and maintenance of state tax files
- Responsible for all fixed asset accounting, including physical tracking of assets in multiple states
- Post receipts to appropriate accounts and verify details of transactions
- Review of invoice and general ledger coding
- Special projects as assigned
Staff Accountant Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience
- Advanced Excel skills
If you or anyone you know is qualified and interested, please apply ASAP!