A growing construction firm is seeking a strong Staff Accountant to join its accounting team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing analysis for the firm’s projects and by managing contracts, tracking finances of assigned projects, and supporting the project management.
- Work closely with Project Managers, establishing successful business relationships and ensuring accurate and consistent billing and financial reporting
- Maintain organized project contract files
- Understand contract terms as related to compensation and scope
- Assist Project Managers in performing new project due diligence as specified in the firm’s project start-up and collection procedures
- Document clients' procurement process to ensure efficient delivery of invoices
- Interact with clients (internal and external), consultants, and colleagues in a productive and professional manner
- Review project work plans, budgets, and staffing plans for appropriateness to fee
- Provide accurate invoices to clients per contract terms
- Coordinate consultant invoices and payments per contract terms
- Review project labor and expense charges with Project Managers for accuracy and appropriateness
- Forecast actual vs. budget spending and analyze projects to provide meaningful input to project and office leadership
- Monitor studio accounts receivable and assist Project Managers with collection efforts
- Monitor, analyze, and report on variety of metrics at the studio level to ensure healthy business practices; assert oneself as studio leader for matters related to finance
- Provide training to Project Managers regarding financial maintenance of projects through reporting systems and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 1+ years of related accounting experience within a related industry (engineering, construction, etc).
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems preferred.