Our client located downtown Chicago has owned and operated institutional quality commercial real estate throughout the United States for over 40 years. They are seeking a proactive, reliable and eager Property Accountant to join their team before the new year, on a contract-to-hire basis. This Senior Property Accountant will work closely, and report into, the assistant controller helping with month/quarter/year end close responsibilities, budgeting and forecasting, commercial property accounting, accounts payable and receivables. Our client is conducting virtual interviews immediately and the selected applicant will start before the holidays!
- Month end close support with the assistant controller; including but not limited to journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, variance analyses
- Common area maintenance reconciliations
- Monthly budget assistance and annual reforecasting support
- Amortization of capital projects, depreciations and maintaining fixed assets/schedules
- Maintain accounts receivables & tenant coordination's, emails, calls inquiries etc.
- Accounts payable processing, assist managing AP email account, invoice coding, ACH and vendor set up
- Produce tenant financial statements: work orders, charges, maintaining records etc.
- Ad hoc accounting support including but not limited to: Tax filings, operating shortfall calculations, cost pools – if/then scenarios, off ledger adds etc.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; advanced degree or CPA/CPA in progress a plus
- 5+ years of applicable property, commercial, real estate experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel user
- Experience with Yardi a plus
- Budgeting and forecasting a plus
- Self starter, independent, multi tasker, good remote work ethic with excellent professionalism and communication