Brilliant Financial Staffing has been engaged by one of our manufacturing clients in Skokie, IL to assist them in their search for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their corporate finance team. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will report to the AR Manager and will be responsible for ensuring that all payments received from customers are deposited into the correct bank account and applied to the correct customer. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is highly organized, with great attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and ready to start on a contract-to-hire basis.
- Process and post payments and deductions to the appropriate customer accounts, ensuring reconciliation of the customer account
- Perform a high volume of data entry
- Research payment deductions; shortages, penalties, and returns, to ensure customers are following agreements
- Investigate ad verify all short payments
- Contact customers to collect past due amounts
- Handle requests from customers for additional information: Invoice copies, Proof of Delivery, Bills of Lading, etc.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for customers and colleagues
- Reconcile past due accounts
- Provide direction to assistants
- Great Plains experience preferred
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications and an intermediate level user of Excel required (i.e. VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables)
- Experience communicating through customer portals is helpful
- Professional experience in manufacturing and/or import business
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy; effective interpersonal skills, effective communications skills, time management skills and problem-solving skills