We are looking for a Tax Manager Consultant to assist our client with a sophisticated workload as a great professional in a positive work environment mainly reviewing all corporate consolidated federal and state Tax Returns as well as reviewing year-end tax planning, research on various tax issues as well as mentoring/assisting junior tax staff. Are you looking for a challenge into this extended tax season? Please apply today!
TAX MANAGER CONSULTANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for review of federal and state income tax and state and local filings from third party providers
- Work with third party providers on REIT compliance
- Oversight of the tax returns for the Company’s international subsidiaries.
- Liaison with investment management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Prepare quarterly effective tax rate and income tax cash payment forecasts, annual provision, and provision to return true-up including related internal controls
- Prepare forecasts of US taxes on international operations (e.g., BEAT, FDII, GILTI, FTC)
- Serve as tax accounting expert supporting regional tax experts and Country Controllers at a local level regarding income tax accounting issues
- Ensure all local tax accounting issues are properly analyzed, supported, and documented, including valuation allowance positions, unrecognized tax benefits, M&A transactions, and impacts of pending legislation
- Collaborate with a team of regional tax accounting experts to support quarterly reporting of income taxes.
- Assist with external financial audits and reviews of income taxes, including drafting the income tax footnote and other disclosures
- Advocate compliance with Income Tax accounting internal controls applicable at the local level
- Conduct local income tax accounting training as required for the tax and country controllership groups
TAX MANAGER CONSULTANT REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Advanced credential allowing for client representation before the Internal Revenue service Required (i.e. CPA or JD)
- 6+ years in relevant work experience with an accounting firm
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a rapidly changing fast paced environment
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Ability to function as a team player
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!