Brilliant Financial Staffing- Chicago, Illinois
Are you seeking a challenging but rewarding opportunity? Look no further than with Brilliant! The details are below for your next role – please apply today!
Brilliant Financial Staffing has been engaged in a search for a Payroll Specialist to join our client on a temporary to hire basis. Our client is located in Chicago, Illinois. The Payroll Specialist will work alongside the Payroll Manager and be responsible for weekly and biweekly payroll processing. A qualified Payroll Specialist will be able to interview as soon as possible and begin immediately after.
Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Process and balance payrolls using established processes and procedures, including analyzing and correcting errors.
- Perform accurate and timely data entry of employee information including employee payroll changes, deductions and additional entry of miscellaneous payroll information.
- Set up and process garnishments, tax levies and wage assignments as appropriate.
- Assist in the research and resolution of outstanding items on payroll schedules.
- Prepare and upload payroll journal entries.
- Maintain monthly payroll schedules assist in other month end processing.
- Audit and verify results on interfaces into payroll system.
- Assist in the research and resolution of outstanding items on Payroll schedules to reconcile/balance to the General Ledger.
- Research previous payroll data and makes necessary adjustments to maintain the accuracy of records.
Payroll Specialist Requirements:
- 1+ years of payroll experience and posting payroll journal entries.
- Background in payroll and/or HR.
- Strong technical skills.
If you or anyone you know are qualified and interested, please apply!