Brilliant has been engaged in a search for a Staff Accountant with Tax experience, for our client located in the Downtown Chicago IL Area. This global non- profit is in the real estate industry with professionals in almost 50 countries. The Staff Accountant need is on a contract-to-hire basis, and the ideal candidate would be able to interview immediately and start shortly thereafter.
- Accumulate, analyze, and process financial accounting data in order to prepare tax returns, estimated tax payments, forecasts and financial accounting estimates of tax
- Gather financial information and prepare tax filings for various reporting requirements including 990 Tax Returns
- Understand and research basic tax concepts and their application to client situations
- Perform account and bank reconciliations
- Prepare and assist with month end close, accounts payable and receivable, accruals, and reconciliations
- Maintains the accuracy of the ledgers and financial systems
- Prepare, maintain, analyze, verify, and reconcile financial transactions, statements, records, and reports
- Non- profit experience strongly preferred
- 1-2+ years professional tax experience required
- Experience with Pro Connect and Basic Excel preferred
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
If you or anyone you know is qualified and interested, please apply immediately!