Brilliant Financial Staffing has been engaged in a search for a Senior Accountant. Our client, located near Plainfield, IL, is looking for a highly skilled Senior Accountant. Recently the organization had an employee inform them of their retirement, and they are looking to now bring on a Senior Accountant to join their team. This Senior Accountant would be hired on permanently after completing a 3-month temporary duration. Our client is a large manufacturing company and an industry leader in producing steel. This Senior Accountant will be reporting to the Controller and will also be working with a team of 2 other Senior accountants. The ideal Senior Accountant would be able to interview and start shortly after in order to be given proper cross-training.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities
· Maintain General Ledger Accounts
· Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital
· Perform Monthly account analysis of general ledger accounts to ensure proper reflection of the company's financial position in accordance with GAAP
· Prepare and analyze financial statements and reports
· Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts
· Assist in month and year end close processes
· Monitor depreciation of fixed assets
· Assist in annual budget preparation
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
· 4+ years of accounting experience
· Strong communication, analytical abilities, and organization skills
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
If you or anyone you know is qualified and interested in this position please apply now!