A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Tax Manager to join its progressive corporate tax team. The Tax Manager will report to the VP Tax and will be responsible for tax compliance, accounting, and research/planning in various federal, state, and international areas.
- Oversee and approve the preparation of federal and multi-state income tax returns. Approve estimated federal and state tax payment calculations and the related submissions of payments.
- Responsible for determination of tax compliance requirements and formulation of policies and procedures to meet those requirements in the most efficient manner.
- Manage all federal and state tax audits and notices.
- Manage Income Tax Provision processes under ASC 740 including calculation of effective tax rates, deferred tax items, related journal entries and review of tax account reconciliations.
- Review and manage international aspects of income & non income tax returns, along with Forms 1118 and 5471 (and 861 apportionments) for all non-US entities.
- Assist with international tax planning opportunities and other structuring, along with providing guidance on foreign tax credit calculations.
- Research complicated tax issues, analyze applicable laws, suggest alternatives or new practices, and document conclusions. Advise management regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Perform research and prepare/review technical tax memorandum.
- Oversee complex tax research projects.
- Maintain tax oriented internal controls for Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Document transfer pricing of intercompany sales & purchases, interest and royalties
- Participate in the strategic planning process by preparing forecasts and plans for minimizing taxes and tax compliance costs consistent with overall corporate objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Tax a plus
- Minimum 5+ years' tax experience required
- Experience in both public accounting and industry experience are preferred
- C.P.A. preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented; strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and interpersonal skills; solid team player