The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for completion of various finance and operational requirements of the business unit. The Director of Finance prepares reports and performs analysis in support of various cross-functional teams of the business such as Finance, Operations, Sales, Creative and Corporate. The Director of Finance is also responsible for analyzing and identifying opportunities for productivity, efficiency, growth and cost savings by assisting with business forecasting, sales, operations, and budgeting processes.
- Gather, interpret and communicate organizational data to better understand the business and its key drivers to assist business leaders in making decisions to meet performance objectives.
- Work closely with management in preparing financial forecasts, budgets/operating plans, as well as, concise meaningful variance and margin analysis.
- Provide financial consulting and strategic support to management.
- Leverage technology to drive efficiencies in gathering, interpreting and communicating organization data used to understand and report results and forecasts.
- Produce meaningful analytical reports to assist management in decision making in areas like sales performance, gross margin performance, and cost and expense trends.
- Provide insights into changing patterns with an understanding of business initiatives that are driving change.
- Identify cost saving initiatives and communicate with operations.
- Analyze, initiate and implement best practices and procedures.
- Conduct analysis of business workflows and business models and make recommendations for greater efficiency/productivity and profitability.
- Provide direction on cost accounting related activities and drive meaningful cost analysis that clearly demonstrates cost variance drivers and to assist the organization in understanding these drivers.
- Lead the calculation of annual labor and overhead rates, ensure that transfer prices for services performed are reasonable, and drive effective decisions in the organization.
- Support various business initiatives such as working capital reduction (i.e. slow-moving and obsolete inventory analysis and follow-up)
- Assist with cycle count and physical inventories
- Analyze actual production costs, comparing to budgets and standard rates.
- Responsible for the overall profitability and culture between the operations and sales teams
- Develop processes and systems to connect sales team proposals and production team deliverability
- Provide financial analysis for large sales bids
- Prepare reports and tracking for sales operations (sales reporting, commissions, rebates, etc)
- Develop analytical models, trend analysis and KPI dashboards to measure ROI of services, marketing and sales initiatives, and identify opportunities to bring new services and concepts to market
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required
- 7+ years of related finance and operations experience with demonstrated progression
- Solid understanding of management/cost accounting principals
- Experience contributing to, understanding and documenting business analysis artifacts such as process and system flow diagrams and data modeling tools
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong knowledge of various ERP, CRM, and reporting systems required
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of management and multiple functional areas
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/assignments in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Analytical – Uses intuition and experience to design efficient work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Uses customer feedback to continually improve service; Continually meets or exceeds commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and precisely in all situations; Maintains positive attitude in all situations when speaking with customers.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Brings ideas and contribution to the team to continually improve.
- Planning/Organizing – Works well with plans and priorities; Makes the most of their time; Remains organized.