A stable healthcare organization with multiple locations throughout the country is seeking a qualified billing analyst/biller to support one of its facilities. The billing analyst/biller will participate in medical billing, coding, collections, and reimbursements while representing the organization in a professional manner.
- Compiles and bills medical services to private pay clients every month. Create new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Process write-offs and credits following organization policy.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Utilizes computerized accounting software programs to perform duties and responsibilities.
- May assist in preparing documentation and responses for legal inquiries, litigation, and court appearances.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ year hands-on medical billing experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
- Ability to show strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.