A well-established law firm headquartered in Downtown Chicago with multiple offices throughout the country is seeking a qualified Global Billing Administrator to support its operations. The Global Legal Administrator compiles, manages, and executes attorney billing and will also perform a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and complex global clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month. Create new billing formats as needed.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by attorney.
- Process write-offs following Firm policy.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Utilizes computerized accounting and payables software programs (CMS, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- May assist in preparing documentation and responses for legal inquiries litigation and court appearances.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ year hands-on billing experience in a law firm required.
- CMS, Elite, Javelan (or equivalent accounting software) experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and Excel
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently
- Ability to show strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
- Ability to execute complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.