Brilliant Financial Staffing been engaged in a Public Aid Coordinator search for our client located just North of Chicago. There are several open permanent job requisitions, and the hires will be made via temporary to permanent. The need comes due to continued revenue growth, internal promotions and a newly streamlined departmental re-structuring. The desired experience for the vacancies is Public Aid experience, and familiarity with Point Click Care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify eligibility on admission documentation received from our facilities to ensure correct payer is selected for new residents.
- Submit Admission Packets with documentation submitted by our facilities to ensure packet is complete and that resident/guardian and facility signatures are affix to document before submission to Public Aid within the required 15 days.
- Complete monthly reconciliations of our resident financial accounts to resolve any credits or hanging balances.
- Submit regular monthly billing statements and any unbilled claims to Public Aid to ensure that we receive accurate and timely payments.
- Complete weekly eligibility verification for our residents to ensure status and payer information is accurate.
- Complete redetermination (REDE) forms upon receipt and return timely to ensure that our resident cases are not cancelled, and payments are not interrupted.
- Complete Social Security Rep Reports forms upon receipt and return timely to ensure resident's income is not interrupted.
- Review resident cases monthly, identify and investigate any income changes to ensure accuracy, and communicate any adjustments to our facility, as needed.
- Participate in monthly training to ensure competency and proficiency.
- Associates Degree, healthcare certification or related coursework preferred
- 2+ years of Public Aid experience required
- Experience in a customer service role and in a healthcare setting preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and customers
If you or anyone you know is qualified and interested in this role, please apply immediately!