Brilliant Financial Staffing been engaged in an Insurance Coordinator search for our client located just North of Chicago. There are several open permanent job requisitions for Medical Billers and the hires will be made via temporary to permanent. The need comes due to continued revenue growth, internal promotions and a newly streamlined departmental re-structuring. The desired experience for the vacancies is following up and resolving denials, as well as Point Click Care experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews daily census and Insurance eligibility verification. Make sure payor changes are accurate.
- Identifies and communicates errors, issues, and trends to the department Supervisor and/ or Lead and other concerned individuals.
- Reviews, edits and make necessary corrections to claims before submission and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Follows up on unpaid claims within the standard billing cycle timeframe. Follows up on outstanding balances for all payors by making calls to the insurance carriers for claim status.
- Works the aging for each facility.
- Follows procedures and fill out forms to request Ledger adjustments and bad debt write offs. Follow up to ensure they are done and off your A/R.
- Answers all resident’s or any inquiries pertaining to payor guidelines.
- Associates Degree, healthcare certification or related coursework preferred
- 2+ years of Medical Billing and "follow up" experience required
- Experience in a customer service role and in a healthcare setting preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and customers
If you or anyone you know is qualified and interested in this role, please apply immediately!