A dynamic company that is an industry leader in its field is seeking a strong Senior Financial Analyst to join its corporate finance team. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Vice President of Development and will be responsible for sourcing, financing and closing real estate deals (land, existing properties, etc.). This individual will work closely with the VP to analyze and model out (underwrite) those deals to ensure they make sense for the company and its investors.
- Underwrite and review all potential development projects identified by the Development Team for financial viability; prepare financial models for quick analysis as well as detailed financial models for in depth consideration
- Support the preparation of the annual budget, long term operating plan, and monthly/quarterly forecasts for an assigned region/business unit
- Analyze financial variances against budget, forecast, and prior actual performance
- Prepare financial reporting package for senior management encompassing financial statements, analysis reports, and KPI dashboards
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly fund reports using projected cash flows and waterfalls
- Assist in monthly, yearly, and quarterly close activities, including the preparation of financial statements
- Identify and implement process improvements within the responsibilities and functionality of the group
- Ad hoc analysis, projects, and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4+ years of related accounting and finance experience with demonstrated progression
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Real Estate experience on the underwriting/investment side required
- Strong knowledge of various ERP and reporting systems required
- Excellent communication skills