Brilliant is currently engaged in a search for a Grant Accountant to join the team of a rapidly expanding nonprofit organization located on the northwest side of Chicago. This Grant Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager but also work closely with the Controller and CFO. The primary function of the Grant Accountant will include monitoring all financial activity for several grant accounts and reporting this activity to various fund sources.
- Day-to-day oversight of accounting functions related to grants and recordkeeping of grant spending
- Assist with the accurate entry of standard and monthly grant accounting activities, including A/P and A/R activities
- Maintains currency with and compliance with all federal and state regulations, such as OMB
- Assist with annual and grantor defined audits and prepares schedules for external validation
- Verify and post details of business transitions to appropriate ledgers and journals
- Balance accounts and complete books through monthly trial balance within prescribed agency procedures and generally accepted accounting principles
- Identify and record all cash recipes and payroll related transactions
- Correct distribution to general ledger expense accounts
- Prepare general ledger entries as required to correct errors
- Reconcile general ledger with accounts payable total and with general ledgers
- Assist with preparation of month-end and year-end reports, and monthly financial statements as required by management, audit firms or governmental agencies
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- A minimum of two years of Accounting and Grants experience working with non-profit organizations and government funding
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills