Changing economies, new accounting policies and evolving tax regulations mean business and professional services firms are facing an ever-changing business landscape. Our client, a privately held domestic manufacturing leader in the technology space is looking for a strong Technical Senior Accountant Consultant in the areas of FASB 606 Revenue Recognition and Lease Accounting FASB ASC 842.The Technical Senior Accountant Consultant will be a hands-on individual with significant corporate accounting background able to analyze and resolve foundational technical accounting issues. Does this describe you as a potential candidate? Are you the “go to” individual for all technical accounting questions? Please apply!
- Assist contract reviews for lease (specific to new FASB standards) and assess for revenue recognition triggers for billable events.
- Support of an aggressively tight accounting cycles from high volume of journal entries, recons, variance analyses and explanations to review of financial statements.
- Revenue recognition projects including interpreting and application of the guidance to current accounting processes and systems, gap analysis and support of testing appropriate changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Public Accounting & CPA certification is preferred
- 5+ years in corporate accounting and practical experience and/or 4+ years public accounting
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact
- Strong understanding and demonstrated application of US GAAP
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including modeling
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a rapidly changing fast paced environment
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Ability to function as a team player
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!