Our client, a manufacturing organization is looking for a Senior Cost Accountant Consultant for immediate start to assist during their acquisition reporting directly to the CFO. The Senior Cost Accountant Consultant will have an in-depth knowledge of cost accounting as it relates to the automotive world in a union contract environment. If you enjoy a challenging yet rewarding position look no further than with your friends at Brilliant!
- Robust fundamental cost elements of categories in scope for the use of tools and provide recommendations to the team for improvement and efficiencies.
- Lead the cost analytics in support of providing cost requests to the teams, support the process and develop costing models as directed.
- Lead all financial month-end close responsibilities as well as maintain the record retention duties.
- Manage all scrap reporting and perform variance analyses of budget to actual as well as ad hoc reporting.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of US GAAP, and SOX Compliance and any impact on financial reporting.
- Create ad hoc financial performance reports for internal and external use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or related field
- 5+ years’ in a cost accounting role
- Strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Accounting Manager
- Ability to function as a team player
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!