Our client, a manufacturer in Broward County is in need of a Senior Accountant. The need is immediate for a consulting basis. The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining the corporate general ledger and managing consolidations in support of the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in conformity with US GAAP. This role provides assistance with a broad range of corporate accounting functions including financial close and consolidation, financial systems implementations, Hyperion report writing and financial planning and analysis. The Senior Accountant reports to the Controller. The Senior Accountant responsibilities and requirements are listed below:
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Investigate budget and variance issues.
- Analyze financial data in order to prepare financial reports and prepare budget forecasts.
- Maintain general ledger as needed.
- Generate and interpret financial records and statements for management.
- 5+ years of Senior accounting or relative experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field (Required)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA), or equivalent Certification required.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- Ability to perform research into, and a desire to expand your technical accounting expertise
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel (v-lookups, h-lookups, Pivot Tables, Macros, etc.)
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and work independently
- Detail orientated and a high level of pride in your work
- Proven ability working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Good presentation skills and an ability to explain accounting issues clearly and succinctly
- Prior experience in financial reporting and SEC requirements of IPOs an advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS or other international accounting standards an advantage