Our client, a leader in the insurance industry in the Chicago Loop is in immediate need of hands on Senior Accountant Consultant for complex accounting needs. The Senior Accountant Consultant will be reporting to the Director of Finance. Ideally, the Senior Accountant Consultant will be an inquisitive individual who brings problem solving skills to the table and has the level and vision of accountability to see processes from beginning to end as well as high level view of the entire organization.
- Oversees and/or leads preparation of general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation.
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end close; produces month-end financial reports and issues to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Analyses and reconciles balance sheet accounts.
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets financial and operating data for management.
- Prepares, reviews, and interprets data for inclusion in financial reports, statements, and summaries.
- Reviews financial data for accuracy; identifies problems and supports day-to-day operations.
- Analyzing statutory ledgers for various countries and monitoring reconciliation between firm-wide reporting and statutory reporting by legal entity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- CPA certification preferred
- 3+ years’ in public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred).
- 5+ years’ relevant experience.
- Experience with statutory accounting preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Accounting Manager
- Ability to function as a team player
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!