Taxes. Spreadsheets. Financials. General Ledger. Do these words make your number crunching fingers dance in excitement?!? We were hoping they would. So, let’s make things even more exciting and keep sharing details of our Plant Controller Consultant role.
We’re looking for someone who can handle our client's multi-faceted company’s accounting under the direction of their CFO. Take the lead on tax reconciliation, MacGyver through complex accounting challenges with the team to deliver solutions, oversee payroll (trust us, everyone loves the person who pays them) and analyze processes and make recommendations to encourage the growth of the Department. If your love of spreadsheets and all things accounting is urging you on to read more, listen to it. Maybe we’re meant to be!
- Responsible for the financial leadership of the plant. The position’s functional responsibility influences Manufacturing, QA, Technical Services and Materials Management through budget decisions, financial training, financial recommendations, and general business guidance
- Ensure that the specific ledgers, records and books of accounts (such as payroll records, accounts payable documentation, proper expense disbursement, fixed asset control, etc.) are maintained to satisfy company and governmental requirements and are maintained in conformance with corporate policy and generally accepted accounting principles, and that monthly financial statements are accurate and on time
- Point of contact with local government, internal/external auditors, local counsel, certain suppliers and certain regulatory bodies (tax, customs)
- Interacts with the Global and Regional Manufacturing Controllers and the Divisional VP of Manufacturing through presentations of financial plans/analyses/strategies and is responsible for representing the plant in these discussions
- In conjunction with the Plant Manager sets the appropriate financial direction ensuring the proper reflection of financial results and forecasts
- Facilitates proper reporting, analysis and monitoring of actual results across manufacturing organizations
- Coordinate, consolidate and generally manage the development of plans for the plant including standards, LBE’s and capital budgets
- Prepares annual cost standards for products at plant, including existing and new products
- Working in conjunction with Plant and Operations management, develop and implement financial and operational measurement tools focusing on productivity and customer service improvements
- Accountable for gathering, analyzing and interpreting of accounting and financial data for the preparation and presentation of meaningful reports, and recommendations to both Plant and Division Management.
- Facilitates development and deployment of processes and tools to enable improved budget planning and monitoring across all organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- MBA/CPA Preferred
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience including owning/managing a month-end close process, financial planning and analysis, reconciliation, and financial reporting
- 1+ year of experience in a supervisory/manager capacity
- Experience in cost accounting and working with/managing inventory and COGS in a manufacturing environment a must have
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong Experience with SAP ERP and Hyperion Planning/Essbase system
- Advanced level of proficiency with Excel (e.g. Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, other Excel functionalities)
- Proficient with Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate financial results based on audience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!