Audit Manager, RAAS
A dynamic firm is seeking a strong Audit Manager to join its team. The Audit Manager will work closely with partners on diverse client assignments and will be responsible for leading the day-to-day efforts of the audit, including planning, fieldwork and wrap-up in accordance with professional guidelines.
- Develop the planning and scoping for complex/multi-functional reviews to ensure appropriate audit coverage.
- Perform walkthroughs to develop understanding of processes & controls, identify areas of risk and develop tests accordingly.
- Perform testing, data analysis and benchmarking, as appropriate, to assess controls.
- Identify issues/opportunities to improve operations and the related root cause and impact.
- Conclude on the adequacy of management’s processes and internal controls to mitigate risk.
- Prepare reporting to communicate audit results.
- Lead meetings and present to management on issue/opportunities identified.
- Partner with management to develop appropriate action plans.
- Effectively manage project progress and status, including budget/milestone tracking and reporting.
- Follow up and report on the implementation status of management’s action plans.
- Adhere to the RAAS departmental policies and procedures, including ensuring consistency and completeness of working paper documentation and compliance with IIA Standards.
- Assist in the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance program by performing testing of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Support the data driven assurance program by reviewing results and using judgment to determine potential control breakdowns and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Assist with internal forensic investigations as assigned.
- Provide input to the development of the annual audit plan based on the annual risk assessment that addresses the key areas of risk/opportunity within the company.
- Provide supervision, training and coaching to RAAS team members on an ongoing basis.
- Develop an effective working relationship with management to ensure RAAS is viewed as a partner for managing risk.
- Undertakes relevant research, training, and networking as required to stay abreast of new or changes to relevant legislation and ensures continuing professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, ideally in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field.
- Professional certification, such as CPA or CIA is preferred.
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience with a Big 4, management consulting firm or large/complex internal audit department.
- Experience of both external audit and internal audit/management consulting is preferred.