Senior Financial Accountant
A dynamic global organization that is an industry leader in its field is seeking a strong Senior Financial Accountant to join its corporate finance team. The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Manager of Technical Accounting and senior management with varying functions related to SEC reporting, derivatives, technical accounting research, executive reports, process controls and ad-hoc special projects according to business demands.
- Work with systems to prepare derivative accounting reports and assist Manager Technical Accounting in analysis of derivative transactions.
- Review contracts for lease identification, write lease classification memos, and prepare lease related documentation.
- Review contracts to assess contractual obligations and maintain supporting spreadsheets as well as review contracts for embedded derivatives and prepare documentation as required.
- Assist in the accounting for technical accounting topic areas such as going concern, goodwill, intangible assets, valuations, segment reporting, debt extinguishments/modifications, etc.
- Coordinate support for and tie-out the SEC financial reports.
- Prepare and tie-out other external financial statements such as statutory reports and 401(k) plans.
- Prepare and present financial reporting packages.
- Assist with research and assessment of technical accounting matters and disclosure requirements for significant, unusual and/or complex transactions or changes in accounting standards. Maintain accounting policies.
- Assist with filings for debt instruments and/or equity offerings.
- Prepare binders/files with support paperwork for evidence of control performance. Prepare and/or review of SOX documentation.
- Respond timely to certain internal and external auditor requests in connection with quarterly reviews and annual audit requirements. Monitor and report on the department's timely response to external audit requests.
- Assist in review of XBRL for accuracy, if necessary.
- Perform other job-related functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA certification required
- M.B.A. degree preferred
- 2+ years of related accounting and finance experience with demonstrated progression
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Derivative financial instrument accounting (including hedge accounting), technical accounting, and SEC reporting strongly preferred
- Experience with GL PeopleSoft and Hyperion Essbase preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of various ERP and reporting systems required
- Excellent communication skills