Our client, a Chicago-based hospitality company that manages and franchises luxury hotels, resorts, and vacation properties, is looking to hire on a contract basis a Quality Assurance - SDET .Reports to Quality Assurance Manager or Director. The Quality Assurance - SDET's role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization.
The Quality Assurance - SDET's responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Quality Assurance - SDET RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with product, design, and development team members to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
• Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine application quality.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes.
• Analyze test results to discover and report out on defects.
• Use Java and/or Groovy to develop, enhance, and maintain automation tests and framework libraries to verify the functionality and reliability of our software
• Leverage continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins and Rundeck to update and execute automated tests written in JUnit or TestNG
• Hands-on experience using modern version control systems like Git and Subversion
• Track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results
• Assist in environment setup and management in preparation for test execution
• Conduct regular code reviews to ensure that object-oriented design best practices are followed at all times. Automation code should be easy to extend and support
• Use creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Demonstrate a commitment to client's core values.
Quality Assurance - SDET EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years direct experience developing and executing tests on database-driven web apps or other enterprise software using test automation platforms like Selenium WebDriver
• Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies. Extensive experience with core software applications.
• Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using JIRA.
• Proficient in the preparation of test data and regression test scripts.
• Demonstrated experience in the Agile/Scrum development process.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Quality Assurance - SDET PREFERRED SKILLS:
• Demonstrable skills in writing JUnit or TestNG tests
• Proficient in testing web services (REST and SOAP) testing using SoapUI, Postman or equivalent tools.
• Proficient in leveraging Splunk or similar tools to view system logs and troubleshoot potential defects.
• Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins and Rundeck.
Four year college degree or extensive experience in application test planning and execution for enterprise application.