A growing, dynamic organization is seeking a strong Tax Accountant to join its progressive corporate tax team. The Tax Accountant will service clients in a variety of ways including individual and company tax preparation, audit preparation, bookkeeping and real estate brokerage and sales.
- Preparation of sales/use and property tax returns and realize full discounts when available.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for sales/use and property tax.
- Manage payment of property tax for the consolidated group.
- Assist with tax audits, preparation of responses to notices, and other tax-related inquiries.
- Assist in maintaining the tax compliance calendar.
- Assist tax management by performing research to build tax matrices for this functional area for distribution to Corporate and Operating Company staff.
- Perform tax research in support of indirect tax planning and compliance. Draft technical memos in support of conclusions and provide recommendations to tax management.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement within the compliance and provision process, especially with respect to utilization of technology.
- Support SOX compliance for the Tax area.
- Assist tax management in maintaining current relationships with other finance team members with whom we collaborate.
- Cross-training on select income tax matters as schedule permits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus
- Minimum 2+ years' tax experience required
- Experience in both public accounting and industry experience are preferred
- C.P.A. preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented; strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and interpersonal skills