A well-established, privately held organization is seeking a strong Controller to join its corporate leadership team. The Controller will be the senior most member of the finance team and report to the Owner/CEO. The Controller will be responsible for all financial reporting, accounting, and tax for the various business entities.
- Lead the direction and execution of the accounting, administration and payroll functions and assist with the HR function as needed.
- Ensures that monthly account reconciliations are completed.
- Manages weekly payroll processes including project and general ledger interface.
- Supports the company’s Risk Management including contracts, legal and insurance compliance
- Leads job cost accounting, insurance, waivers and monthly job P&L, WIP calculations and journal entries
- Develops costs for custom manufactured projects and builds out P&L reporting
- Manage the business through insightful planning, forecasting, reporting, analysis and guiding the business. Become a business partner to the senior management team.
- Lead an ERP implementation and streamline processes within month-end close cycle.
- Assure compliance with corporate governance, internal controls and local laws
- Assume responsibility for all accounting activities such as cash management, cash collection, net working capital, preparation of management and financial statements and reporting.
- Lead monthly closing process in compliance with GAAP accounting standards, with the highest quality and on-time standards. Manage the year-end and interim GAAP audit with the independent auditors.
- Assume responsibility for all tax-related tasks, including sales tax, assure compliance with federal, state and local requirements, file financial reports, and advise management on needed actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in construction industry, or manufacturing industry that operates under a job costing model
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with mid-tier ERP software systems, Microsoft Office suite of products, and intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong internal controls, understanding of GAAP, and participation in audit
- Strong background in project accounting including an understanding of billing cycle, project costing and P&L analysis
- Proven ability to analyze financial reporting and forecast revenues and expense at the corporate level
- Experience partnering with business operations to provide financial insight and develop valuable reporting/metrics
- Prior management experience
- Track record of driving professional growth