Our Client, a large manufacturing organization is seeking a versatile interim Senior Staff Accountant with a demonstrated track record of exceptional data manipulation and compilation skillsets for a 3-6 month engagement. The interim Senior Staff Accountant will support the accounting group during their preparations for year-end and the associated audit.
The interim Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Perform month-end close responsibilities including account reconciliations, journal entries, and variance analysis looking for ways to help accelerate the close process.
- Review GL coding and cost center assignment to ensure correct management reporting.
- Assess expenses at a cost center level for accuracy and understanding of key trends.
- Participate in the Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) processes.
- Prepare for and participate in external audit requests.
- Create ad-hoc reports and analyses to support cross-functional teams as well as Finance & Accounting teams.
- Assist Controller with overall process improvement leveraging automation in Netsuite and special projects, as needed.
The interim Senior Staff Accountant should possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field.
- CPA is highly preferred
- 3+ years of experience with the month-end close process, including AP and AR
- Experience with large and mid-sized accounting systems such as SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, Great Plains, etc.
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and vlookups
- A sense of urgency, hands-on approach, and “go-getter” attitude.