A dynamic CPA firm is seeking a strong Senior Tax Associate to join its team. The Senior Tax Associate will work closely with managers and partners on diverse client assignments and will include the preparation of business, individual, and fiduciary tax returns as well as various tax planning strategies.
- Help prepare individual, corporation, and partnership tax returns on a Federal and State level for assigned clients.
- Review, prepare, document and organize tax workpapers for income and franchise tax returns.
- Respond to taxing authority notices on tax matters on behalf of clients.
- Maintain tax calendar to assure all tax returns and tax payments are filed timely on behalf of clients.
- Perform tax research for tax audit defense and state tax law updates.
- Interact with each client accounting department to gather the necessary financial information for tax returns and tax estimates compliance.
- Prepare tax information request package for each entity.
- Assist in review of annual tax provision calculation and ASC740 analysis.
- Assist in federal and state tax audit defense.
- Identify and coordinate tax savings opportunities in non-income tax areas (e.g. property, sales and use, payroll) for clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master's Degree in Accounting or Tax a plus
- Minimum 2+ years' tax experience required. Prior public accounting experience required.
- CPA preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented; strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and interpersonal skills; solid team player