A family office/investment company is seeking a strong Accounting/Finance Manager to join its close knit corporate finance team. The Accounting/Finance Manager will report to the President and Vice President and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas.
- Lead month-end closing activities, including review of various journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules and distribution of cost center reports and financial statements.
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
- Review a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements and other related reports.
- Prepare, review, and distribute customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while ensuring for the quality, timeliness and integrity of data.
- Provides guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions.
- Evaluate monthly financial results with CFO & Controller noting business results and trends.
- Provide support for the monthly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Assist with monthly board reports.
- Lead the annual audit process and direct staff accordingly.
- Participate in documentation and testing of key internal controls.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 10+ years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression and past supervisory experience.
- CPA or CPA tracking preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems required.
- Excellent communication skills.