Our client, a private equity backed chemical supplier in the Chicagoland area, has an immediate need of an experienced Financial Consultant to help manage financial planning, forecasting, reporting and strategic analytics for a 6-9-month project. The Financial Consultant will be tasked with the primary duties of strategic review of the company’s product mix. The ideal candidate will have superior advanced financial modeling experience in a data-mining space. Are you the go-to wizard for nested if/than statements? Power Pivots? Hundreds of thousands of lines of data? If this describes you please apply today!
- Data mine very large volumes of sales information, cost of goods sold and various product types to help summarize profitability and performance.
- Assist the Finance Director with analytical review of company’s product mix and assess profitability levels.
- Communicate to senior leadership in a concise manner what data has been reviewed and analyzed and eventually make suggestions on what direction the company should focus to improve profitability.
- Ad hoc finance projects including assisting with a CMP tool implementation to help pull financial data into standardized cubes/reports.
- Potentially assist with a larger ERP implementation later next year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 5-10 years relatable experience
- Power user of Microsoft Excel – data mining a must
- Strong experience in an FP&A space
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated business impact
- Independent worker – must have a drive to achieve solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a rapidly changing fast paced environment
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Ability to function as a team player
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!